YES, BOXES HAVE THEIR PLACE.
We need an Architectural Technologist who looks at things differently than most. If you’re passionate about parametric modelling and intricate drafting, if you like to push the boundaries of REVIT and use Dynamo to automate the mundane, you could be a perfect fit.
See why, plus the other boxes we hope you will check
Click here for the complete job description
As an Intermediate Architectural Technologist, you will bring advanced technical knowledge with a high level proficiency in REVIT. You have a keen interest in parametric modeling as well as intricate drafting experience. You are deadline and detail oriented, passionate, highly motivated, accountable, diligent, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. You have experience delivering full drawing sets for permit and construction on a range of project types that include multi-family. You are a team player; someone who enjoys collaborating, learning from colleagues, and sharing your expertise. You are ready to provide technical support to your project teams and can be active on more than one project at a time. You possess exceptional time management skills and have a strong desire and commitment to contribute to the quality of the work that this studio will produce.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Write scripts in Dynamo that automate production to increase efficiency on repetitive elements
- Provide technical support for Project Architects and Interior Designers as they require for coordination with sub-consultants and authorities
- Delivery of LOD 500 level production drawings sets
- Participate as a productive team member developing highly detailed models in REVIT
- Assisting in managing and organizing tasks to efficiently develop production models and drawing sets
- Understanding and adhering to project goals set out by the client
- Understanding and adhering to the fees and resources available for each project
- Understanding and adhering to deadlines agreed upon with the Project Architect and Studio Supervisor
- Working within the project management application to manage time and meet deadlines
- Working with DMA standards and programs to develop full construction drawing sets within a team
- Ensure accuracy and quality of documents through knowledge of building codes, building science and construction processes, CAD standards and REVIT modeling
WHAT YOU HAVE
- An Architectural Technologist diploma from a Canadian Post Secondary Institution and a minimum of 5 years of experience working as an Arch Tech in Canada
- Experience with sub-consultant coordination
- Understanding of the national building code
- Ability to work in AutoCAD
- Experience with coordination of submissions to authorities
- Experience working in BiM360
- Extreme Proficiency working in REVIT
- Experience writing scripts or programming
IN CASE YOU DIDN’T KNOW
Davignon Martin Architecture + Interior Design is an award-winning client focused studio practice. Our work is inspired and innovative, but also highly technical and intelligently creative. We have a strong business acumen and believe that this new role will allow us to continue to grow while maintaining the quality of work that we are known for. We have staff in both Calgary and Toronto and work on projects in multiple provinces. We believe in technology, and we are looking for a progressive metric-minded individual.
We offer a competitive total compensation package that includes health and dental benefits with a growth focused company culture. We operate in an office environment of teamwork that is challenging, creative, enthusiastic, and supportive. We would love to talk to you if you believe you are a fit for this opportunity. Please send your resume, cover letter and sample of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org .Kindly include your available start date and your salary expectations.